The tasks I have been getting assigned vary a little bit, but not much. Bi-weekly I type up a newsletter to be sent out via email to patients. Similar tasks have been to make flyers to be posted to the website and to be emailed out about seminars that Dr. Bentkover hosts about his new treatments. I also have designed eblasts which are essentially flyers that get emailed out to quickly promote an upcoming special or event. These are the types of tasks I perform regularly.
Tasks I have worked on or have been assigned in addition to those have been to make different brochures for the office. I have made specific ones to inform patients about the different types of services. For example, I made a whole brochure based on the beauty and wellness portion of what is offered in the office. Additionally, I made one specifically about the types of surgery, and also one about the different recovery options you have and are recommended to you based on what type of procedure you had done. I have not needed to negotiate any of the tasks I have been assigned, but in some cases I was able to change some of the ideas for the better, and give feedback which changed some portion of the assignment, but it was really negotiated it was just and agreed upon suggestion.
I haven’t really learned any new skills in this position because I am working with software I was already familiar with, like publisher and excel. I have learned many other things though about marketing and how it works that will really be effective to me in the future, as well as learned things about myself. Some things I have done which is a new skill in a way was learn how to print and manage labels on Microsoft word, which was no easy task.
Overall I haven’t found many links that direct back to my formal education at Worcester State, but the internship has been very educational. I got a better look into how private companies or specifically a private practice goes about marketing and how the boss manages things financially and promotionally for the company. It has given me a better look into the real world and how employment really works since I myself have only held part time positions.
No comments:
Post a Comment