Monday, January 30, 2012

Organization/Personal Goals

               Since this is the second internship I have done with my major my goals were simply to try and gain a better experience from this one in comparison to the other.  My last internship dealt with marketing in the sense of promoting a completely new idea by going door-to-door and making cold calls, which I realized isn’t an ideal job for me.  My internship here at Dr. Bentkover’s office has me doing eblasts for the website, making brochures, making a waiting room book, and promoting new types of treatments for the patients, which is more of the marketing I like than door-to-door. 
                The goals set out for me in the internship description were to be professional, complete tasks independently, and demonstrate confidentiality in the office.  I have acted upon all the goals they have requested upon but also added a few myself.  My personal goals are to learn the ropes of marketing more independently.  I have really taken an interest to the responses my ads and newsletters have been making on people, and if my ideas are reaching the right audience. 
                Ultimately the goals they have established for me and the ones I have set out for myself are very similar.  All the goals combined really encourage myself to get better acclimated with the workings of medical marketing which is the point of me interning here.  Working hard to keep up with these goals has made me realize this is something I think I could pursue a career in.  Overall, I am very happy with this internship.    

No comments:

Post a Comment